A place for me to post random stuff about me (Jason Turner) and my life. A Law library is where I work, and diabetes is what I have. A transplant patient is also how I can now describe myself. But I try not to be defined by any labels anymore.

Friday, September 09, 2005

New weekend is here.

Well let's sum up the week shall we??

On Tuesday I went to clinic, and finally saw Dr Ryan for the 1st time, and he is happy with how things are going. We had a very serious talk about a second transplant - all the pros and cons, but in the end I decided (and he agreed) that I do not really need another one right now.

I am happy taking 1 or3 units of Insulin, and I am thrilled with my sugar results (my last Hemoglobin A1C was 6.6% - which is 'normal'). I have no side effects from the meds, and I see no need to complicate matters right now unless things start becoming less then optimal. It has now been 45 days since the transplant. As far as I am concerned, life is great!

Yesterday Sarah and I signed up for ballroom dancing lessons at the University of Alberta. So every Thursday night until January I will have my dancing shoes on, trying to be graceful and all that! It will be good exercise, and much fun I think!

Tonight I am taking Sarah somewhere for a surprise! (I cannot say more yet in case she reads it!) We are bound to have a good time!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?