A place for me to post random stuff about me (Jason Turner) and my life. A Law library is where I work, and diabetes is what I have. A transplant patient is also how I can now describe myself. But I try not to be defined by any labels anymore.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Random Fridayness

It is finally nice out today - sunny anyhow, but the temperature is coming back up too.

The islets are doing great, I have had no side effects at all in several weeks now. My insulin needs are very low, and most important - my sugars are incredibly stable. I had a 9.8 the other day and was in a total panic - and then I realized that 2 months ago, I would have been happy with a 9.8. Now I am so not happy with anything but a 5.0 to 6.9. Even 7.5 or similar makes me think - ok, why is it so high!

I think it is pretty cool how my perception and attitudes have shifted in less then 40 days. This weekend will be filled with fun things again, with lots of Sarah, a BBQ with my school friends, and lunch with my Dad and his wife on Sunday. Then just 1 more day of work on Monday, and 1 week off!

Sarah and I are renting a car on Thursday the 25th, and staying here, for only 75$ a night, as compared to 130 or higher in hotels. We are totally going to be tourists for those 3 days, and I am looking forward to every second of it. Hopefully she enjoys all the places I want to take her too.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?