A place for me to post random stuff about me (Jason Turner) and my life. A Law library is where I work, and diabetes is what I have. A transplant patient is also how I can now describe myself. But I try not to be defined by any labels anymore.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

More Islet News

OK, so really not too much to tell to be honest. Clinic went very good yesterday - I was out of there in less then an hour - which is awesome. All my numbers are looking great - except for my creatine (the Tacrolimus is hard on the kidneys). So we lowered the dose (means less pills for me!). Other then that , we talked about a 2nd transplant, and agreed there is no need to plan for that at this time. I also had a few other various questions, and they were all answered the way I hoped!

In the afternoon I went to see Dr Blais, my family doctor, to fill him in on what has been going on, and he was very interested in the results, and wants to be in the loop. It is nice seeing your doctor when nothing is really wrong, and you don't need various things done because of it.

Other then that, Sarah came for lunch yesterday - and we shared some dinner as well. Mmmm yummy goodness!

Tomorrow I have an interview for the new diabetes radio program that is coming on this fall on CJCA radio. The first show will be SUnday September 11, at 9 pm MST (and Mom, you should be able to listen online to the program!) I will be talking about my support group for this show, and at some time in the future, will do a segment about my islet cell transplant.

After that is all done tomorrow - we are leaving for Jasper at about 5, and returning on Sunday. I want to take Sarah to all the cool spots I love, as well as all the places she wants to see. Will be a great time - and we should have a bunch of pictures when I return.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?