A place for me to post random stuff about me (Jason Turner) and my life. A Law library is where I work, and diabetes is what I have. A transplant patient is also how I can now describe myself. But I try not to be defined by any labels anymore.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Great Weekends!

Hmm.. been awhile, let us recap the weekend!

Friday night - went shopping with some of Sarah's friends and had wings at Earls. Fun times.

Saturday - went to Fort Edmonton with the Grad Students Association, and had such a good day. I have not been there in a really long time, but we had so much fun. We spent the better part of 7 hours there, and walked home (a long walk, but doable). Later that night I went over to Sarah's and we watched Blade with her roommate, and then just hung out.

Sunday - we had a BBQ at Hawrelak Park, and it was a blast. There were about 14 or 15 people there, and we cooked burgers, people brought soup, desserts, chips and pop. We ran around and played frisbee, went for a bit of a boat ride on the pond, and just generally had a really really fun day.

Who knew weekends could be so much fun?

Today I got the results of my arginine test that I had on Friday that measures the function of the islets. My islets produced 12.5 units of insulin (the average normal person produces 29) But the thing that is neat, is the average islet cell recipient only puts out 5.5 after 1 transplant. Looks like my 300,000 + cells are functioning very well. I was quite pleased to hear those results, and the nurse who did the test was pretty impressed as well.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?