A place for me to post random stuff about me (Jason Turner) and my life. A Law library is where I work, and diabetes is what I have. A transplant patient is also how I can now describe myself. But I try not to be defined by any labels anymore.

Monday, August 01, 2005

7 days no shots = happy camper!

I have now made it a week with no insulin. That is to say, without injected insulin. I have missed 35 injections that last month I had to take just to live. I still shake my head and feel that modern medicine is amazing.

I now know for sure that my nausea is tied to CellCept on an empty stomach. Last week they told me I could take it 2 or 3 times a day instead of 4, and after some playing around, I can do it, but not at bed time when I do not eat. I was totally ill when I went to bed last night, and it took some time to get to sleep. Ah well.. live and learn.

Today I feel great though. Woke around 7, and the sun was shining through my window, so I just kinda lay in the sun for a while. Got up at 8, had breakfast, and puttered around for a while. At about 930, it was so sunny and nice, I grabbed a book and went to the park that is only a block or so away, and just kinda vegged out in the sun. Came home an hour later, as it was starting to get a bit too hot. Finished laundry, and cleaning, and then I have just taken it easy today.

Tomorrow morning I have blood work early, and then meet with Dr. Shapiro at 8:45, then clinic at 9:30. I took the rest of the morning off, and I am going to meet Rachel for lunch, to discuss the support group getting going again for the fall.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?