A place for me to post random stuff about me (Jason Turner) and my life. A Law library is where I work, and diabetes is what I have. A transplant patient is also how I can now describe myself. But I try not to be defined by any labels anymore.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Thursday in Islet Heaven

Having another pretty good day, although I am tired a bit after work. For some reason I have a bit of muscle cramping. I am sure that is just another side effect of whatever drug.

Coming up on 3 days insulin free... Simply amazing is what I say to that.

Apparently those little cells I got are quite hardy, and were the perfect amount for me! I never dreamed that I would ever be off insulin completely, but as long as my sugars are below 8 at mealtimes, it will continue to be so.

My average sugars for the last 2 weeks are:

Before Breakfast 6.4
After Breakfast 8.7
Before Lunch 6.2
After Lunch 7.6
Before Dinner 7.0
After Dinner 7.2
Before Bed 6.8

For a grand total average of 7.1.

Pretty cool hey!

In other news.. thank god I do not have to pay for this. I have read estimates that the cost of having an islet cell transplant is $100,000, give or take. Go health care card!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?