A place for me to post random stuff about me (Jason Turner) and my life. A Law library is where I work, and diabetes is what I have. A transplant patient is also how I can now describe myself. But I try not to be defined by any labels anymore.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

My donor family...

I wrote my letter to my 'donor' family today. It was difficult to start, but once I started writing it started flowing, and ended up being a page and a half. It is not super-polished prose by any stretch of the imagination, but it expresses my thanks the best way I am able to.

July 12 will always be a bittersweet day in a way, both the day I received a new lease on life, but also the day that someone else has died.

Other then that I took it pretty easy today - reading a book for a few hours was the most stressful thing I did all day.

Sugars are amazing, and I have not taken any insulin in more then a day and a half. I feel really good.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?