A place for me to post random stuff about me (Jason Turner) and my life. A Law library is where I work, and diabetes is what I have. A transplant patient is also how I can now describe myself. But I try not to be defined by any labels anymore.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Insulin Free

I have not had to take any insulin since Monday at dinner time. That makes it about 49 hours (and counting) so far.

Amazing. What else can I say. Now that is really the word I keep using, but I still cannot think of a better one.

I felt real good again today, and had a real good day at work. I started early, and stayed a bit later, as well as a shorter lunch, in an effort to try and make up some lost time. Will try to do the same on Thursday and Friday as well.

On Friday my friend Sarah wants to take me to Kdays - and see Twisted Sister! Hopefully the weather is nice, and much fun will be had by all. Sarah I met through the CDA as a volunteer, and she used to be an islet cell researcher! Always good to have one of those in your circle of friends! Her little sister is diabetic, and that makes her very motivated to do what she can to help. I am always a little inspired after talking to her.

Also this weekend (long weekend btw) I am picking up a futon I bought from a girl at work. It will be nice to have more places to sit then the only 1 couch that we have now. Plus when my roommate leaves after christmas, I will have some furniture. Time to start reacquiring possessions. I am definately going to stay at this apartment. The only question is whether to get another roommate or not.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?