A place for me to post random stuff about me (Jason Turner) and my life. A Law library is where I work, and diabetes is what I have. A transplant patient is also how I can now describe myself. But I try not to be defined by any labels anymore.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Diabetes Conference

Well today was a pretty ok day, despite the sugars being a bit wacko.

I got an award for doing my support group - and gave a little 5 minute speech about some of my experiences - and ended up with a standing ovation! A little embarrasing, but in a good way!

I also got to introduce Dr. Paty - from the Islet Cell Team - as he gave a research update. Some pretty technical stuff was presented, but was interesting to me. I also had the pleasure of meeting 2 people who have had it done, 1 man who has had no problems really, and a lady who it didn't work for, so it was nice to get a couple of perspectives from them.

I will take a picture of my award soon - and post it.... It is quite nice!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?