A place for me to post random stuff about me (Jason Turner) and my life. A Law library is where I work, and diabetes is what I have. A transplant patient is also how I can now describe myself. But I try not to be defined by any labels anymore.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Back to work

Back to work after the long weekend, and I went in early today, as I had a Doctor's appointment this afternoon. It felt kind of weird to just clean up my desk and leave, as opposed to getting special permission from a supervisor, or boss or whatever I have worked for in the past.

Set up my Hep B vaccination - something I need to have for the transplant, no big deal really.

Spent a while tonight just downloading some more tunes (I know illegal and all, but like I am the only one!) Got some Audioslave, The Killers, more VNV Nation, and various other stuff.

Tommorrow is already Wednesday - man I love short weeks.

My new work email is jason.turner@fmc-law.com if anyone wants to say hi during the day!
Comments:
Downloading music from bands that you consider talented is the wrong way to show support for the art that they do. Or do you even care about the music at all? It especially harmful to smaller bands like VNV Nation who have regular jobs just so they can afford to do the music they love. At least as long as you are going to listen to alternative music, do these guys a favour and buy the albums they produce, or get the tracks off iTunes. You seem to have good taste in music and I hate it when people who have good taste in music rip off good bands. Copy kills music.
 
I do support smaller bands, and have for more then 10 years, attending concerts, buying merchandise and CD's.

But in this case, if I never downloaded, I would never be going to their show this weekend.

And who said that I never purchased any of their CD's?

So get off your high horse.

Even artists themselves are split as to whether downloading is 'good' or not.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?