A place for me to post random stuff about me (Jason Turner) and my life. A Law library is where I work, and diabetes is what I have. A transplant patient is also how I can now describe myself. But I try not to be defined by any labels anymore.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

1st day for Slave labou.... I mean my practicum

My day at Millwood branch was fantastic.

Arrived at 845, and was almost immediately thrown into the fire of
checking in books, and routing them either to the shelves at our branch
or to whatever branch they came from.

Did that until 11, when I went out on the info desk (reference) for an
hour with the manager. Didn't really do too much there - just kinda
watched and got my bearings.

12-1 Lunch. I had an excellent A&W Burger - Mama with Cheese, and
fries, and Diet Root Beer.

At 1 I did some SIRSI training with the assistant manager for an hour or so.

At 2 or so I went and put the holds out on the shelf - about 3 trucks
full of them!!

245-330, checking in more books

330-400, break time!

400-500 Info desk, where I helped actual patrons and everything!


All in all a really good day. More of the same tomorrow I am told, as
it was very busy there because of the long weekend. And being Spring
Break, I bet all those who did EPL dealt with very busy branches.

Everyone there is very nice, and extremely knowledgeable!!
Comments:
A
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?